In order to vote in all Texas Elections, voters are required to present an approved form of photo identification (current or expired no more than 4 years) or fill out a Reasonable Impediment Declaration accompanied by one form of identification listed below:
- Valid voter registration certificate
- Certified birth certificate (must be an original)
- Copy of or original current utility bill
- Copy of or original bank statement
- Copy of or original government check
- Copy of or original paycheck
- Copy of or original government document with your name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph)
Visit votetexas.gov for more information.
If you do not have one of the forms of ID, click here
Examples of acceptable forms of ID are listed below. Identification must be current or have expired no more than 4 years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place; except for the United States citizenship certificate.
Texas Election Identification Certificate (EIC) issued by DPS (For more information on the EIC application process click HERE)